In 1947 Alex Williamson purchased the Imperial Oil station located at the corner or Brock Street East and Main Street and opened his Chevrolet-Oldsmobile dealership. Williamson was located at this corner for more than 30 years. To make room for his growing business Williamson moved his dealership south of downtown along highway 47. To serve the Uxbridge and surrounding areas they operated 2 locations. The Chevrolet-Oldsmobile at 259 Toronto Street South and the Pontiac-Buick-GMC at Douglas Road. In 2010 the franchise agreements for Pontiac dealers expired. Williamson closed the Douglas Road location and moved their Buick and GMC sales to the Toronto St location.
Williamson now serves Uxbridge out of 3 locations.
The Williamson Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick and GMC dealership located to 259 Toronto St S
The Williamson Chrysler dealership located at 253 Toronto St S
The Williamson Certified used car dealership located at 1 Banff Rd
Visited Williamson Uxbridge
Read about more history in Uxbridge by following our blog post Uxbridge History
Photo Credits – Uxbridge The Good Old Days by: J. Peter Hvidsten