The Uxbridge Creamery
Toronto Street South and Mill Street
The Uxbridge Creamery building originally was constructed by Joseph Gould and his son around 1886 on the north side Mill Street just east of Toronto Street. The Gould’s would go on to run a successful business spinning wool here for many years.
It is believed sometime around the 1920’s the building was converted into a creamery.
The building operated as a creamery for many years and in 1972 the building was torn down. The chimney stood for many years and was a land mark for local residences until it was finally torn down.
The photo above shows the approximate location of the chimney before it was demolished to make room for the house we see there today.
Old Creamery Photos courtesy of: Uxbridge The Good Old Days by: J. Peter Hvidsten
Read more about the history in Uxbridge in our Uxbridge History Blog