Church Street Uxbridge
The above photo taken from about 1908 looking south along Church Street to Toronto Street shows the St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church. The church was opened for services on February 1, 1885. Originally constructed as a Gothic Style church, it featured ornate towers and spires.
The above photo was taken from same vantage point today (2021). Most of the original Gothic elements are gone, St Andrew’s Hall has been added to the north side of the building, the street is paved and the canopy of trees were removed long ago.
To learn more about historical places around Uxbridge and Historic Homes in Uxbridge visit out blog at the links below.
1908 Photo Courtesy of Uxbridge The First 100 Years by: J. Peter Hvidsten